Sunday, June 5, 2011

Damn Those Monkeys!

As is typical for me, I didn't do any of the things today that I meant to do. Not that I wasn't productive - I did a lot of cleaning - but I didn't do anything that I had previously planned to do. It was productive procrastination.

In cleaning out under my bed, I came across a lot of old notebooks from middle school and high school. In pretty much every single one of those notebooks was a bit of writing, from one line to a few paragraphs. Like I said before, I start but never finish.

There were a couple of good things in there, actually! One line in particular has stuck with me:

"...cursing all small monkeys masquerading as humans with wicked humor."

Not bad for middle school, huh?

In other news, I went to my first roller derby last night. Rat's been into it for a while (read: obsessed and won't shut up about it) and so I finally went with her. To my surprise, I enjoyed myself! It's very exciting. And there's just the right about of violence for it to be interesting (less that football and hockey, but more than, I don't know, soccer?).

So it was a good night, aside from the fact that I left my ticket at home and had to go all the way back to get it...

No comments:

Post a Comment