Friday, July 1, 2011

Summer Reading

Sorry for the neglect - I'm at a summer intensive and for the past week I've barely had enough energy to drag myself into bed, let alone write a blog post :)

But, I have been reading a lot. My level has these very inconvenient 3 hour breaks, so since last Sunday I have read:

The Wee Free Men, Terry Pratchett, 375 pages (he's always funny - I recommend Good Omens, which he wrote with Neil Gaiman)

Dark Lord of Derkholm, Diana Wynne Jones, 517 pages (a favorite of mine. I like Diana, although her books are split fifty-fifty for me. Half I really like, half I really don't get. This one I really like)

The Hunger Games, Suzanne Collins, 374 pages (I've been resisting for a long time - I don't like books in present tense - but I finally bit the bullet and it was really captivating)

The Iron King, Julie Kagawa, 363 pages (liked it, although the story is not perhaps as resolved as I'd like it to be, even in the first of a series)

My friend offered to lend me her Harry Potters so I could reread them before the movie comes out...hopefully that will keep me occupied...

Also, JulNo starts today! I need some motivation to keep writing here while I'm SO tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment