Sunday, January 23, 2011

Discoveries

So, I'm having an interesting experience with this novel.

Now, it's not like I have tons of experience with writing novels, and thus I don't have much to compare this to. I usually run out of steam before I get anywhere close to my current word count. But I'm finding that where I usually have the problem of having not enough ideas, this time through I have too many ideas.

And that's what makes me think I could actually do this.

This world, these characters, feel more real to me, more developed (well, in my head at least), than anything I've ever written before. It just feels right to me. Whether that translates to the page or not...well, I guess I'll find out when it's time for people to read it.

While this is probably not the next Great American Novel, I'm hopeful that it will at least be complete and coherent.

No comments:

Post a Comment