Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Biting Imps. And Codenames.

Today I learned that imps bite.

How did I learn this? I got three mosquito bites.

Let me explain.

I got three mosquito bites the other day on my arm. Two of them are on the outside of my forearm, close together, and one is at the base of my index finger. Earlier today I was musing aloud and said that they resembled a vampire bite, or at least the bite of a vampire with three oddly spaced fangs. My friend Blue (this is a codename; real name withheld to protect identity) suggested an imp, so that the two bites would be from teeth and the third from the tip of the tail.

And thus was my biting imp born.

 This ties in fabulously,  by the way, with my free write on "it was a dark and stormy night" which involves an imp.

So many thanks to my wonderful amiga and I find it so amazing that we are totally on the same wavelength. I encourage you all to read Good Omens, by the way; it is a fabulous book and will change your life. You will see mosquito bites and think "biting imps". And it's funny. Read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment