Friday, August 12, 2011

Choose Your Own Adventure

I always thought those kinds of books were rather stupid, while at the same time really wanting to read one.
 
But that's not really the point of this post. Remember this post where I mentioned a series of blog posts about NaNo? No, probably not...anyway, looking around the rest of that site, I discovered that the Author was in the process of writing Choose, which the author calls an "interactive web serial".

It's not so much a choose-your-own-adventure as it is an interesting, well-written story developed with the input of the readers. Basically the author, one Tami Moore, writes until she feels there is an important (or not-so-important; once the poll had to do with tea flavors) choice to be made regarding the narrative, at which point she posts a poll. The readers then vote and the winning option is included in the story.

Aside from the fact that you have to wait two weeks between installments - and yes, I understand that time is necessary! Things have to be written and edited! It's hard! But readers are by nature impatient creatures, or at least I am - it's a really engaging story and you should all go read it now.

In other news I'm currently working on two stories for the princess contest I mentioned in my last post (are there enough links in this post yet?) because I can't decide which one to use yet. One is a new idea about a princess whose kingdom is in the midst of a military coup pretending to be bringing democracy and her entire family has been slaughtered and she's running for her life. Not sure where that's going yet. The other one is an idea that's been on my list for a while, about a girl who kisses a frog prince and then discovers that he's not the only one under a spell...I think that's what I'm going to use for this year's NaNo, regardless of what happens with the princess contest.

Alright, I'm going to wrap up this post now. In summary: Choose is really good go read it; I did a lot of writing today; I'm starting to think about NaNo and it's got me really excited.

Oh, and this post is full of run-on sentences with too many clauses, but I seem to be in that kind of mood today.

Oh, I also just tagged this post with 10001 different things.

No comments:

Post a Comment