Monday, November 7, 2011

NaNo 2011 Day ... 7? Also, more books!

One week, wow.

I broke 10k, but I'm running out of steam! Need some inspiration. Anybody have any brilliant ideas?

In other news, THEY HAD MISTBORN AT BARNES AND NOBLE. This is a Very Big Deal. Here's the short version of the story:

-Checked the first one out of the library after reading Warbreaker and deciding I kinda liked this Brandon Sanderson guy.
-Adored it.
-Became obsessed with the aforementioned Brandon Sanderson guy.
-Requested the second in the series from the library.
-Waited for months.
-Still waiting.

And the last time I was in a Barnes and Noble they didn't have anything by him. I checked. Multiple times.

So yesterday when I was in Barnes and Noble (for a preview Nutcracker performance) and I was walking by the F/SF section which is conveniently right next to the event space, and saw ALL THREE Mistborn books and OH YEAH A BOX SET I just about died. They also had Warbreaker, and Elantris (which I haven't read yet but want to) and a whole bunch of other authors and books which I REALLY want and I almost cried because I just can't spend that much on books and besides, I have nowhere to put them.

And finally, in more superdeduper exciting news I won an All Hallow's Read contest at Tor! Yay! So I get two copies of The Monster's Corner, which is a collection of short stories from the monsters' points of view. Still deciding who gets the extra copy...:)

No comments:

Post a Comment