Friday, April 29, 2011

Game of Thrones

Alright, so here's the story. It's a bit of a long one, so bear with me.

Once upon a time I was at Barnes and Noble with Blue, hunting for books. After a lot of hunting, I pulled Game of Thrones (George RR Martin) off the shelf. It looked pretty good, the usual stuff I'm in to, although I was a little hesitant because it was really long and although I like to read series (what's the plural of that?) I'm leery of  7/8/9 book epics and that's what A Song of Ice and Fire was shaping up to be.

I bought it anyway.

I started it. But GoT is a bit on the dark side. I wasn't prepared. 80 pages in and a whole bunch of really nasty stuff had happened to the characters I liked...so I stopped.

A couple of weeks ago, HBO debuted their new TV series based on the books. I watched it. I liked it. I
restarted the book.

I really like it! It's still dark, and still a bit upsetting, but I like it. I definitely recommend it.

That's all I really have to say for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment