Monday, October 24, 2011

Why can't my name be Faith Hunter?

IF YOU ARE MY RELATIVE PLEASE TAKE A DEEP BREATH AND HOLD ON JUST ONE SECOND HERE.

I love my family. I feel very attached to my family and my heritage, such as it is, and I have no desire to abandon my real last name or reject my family or anything like that. Okay? Great.

However:

If I ever were to publish a book (Ha! That's a biiiig if), I would probably publish under a pseudonym. Or at least change my last name. Because, honestly, my names don't go well together. They don't sound right. I can't really explain it. But they don't flow.

Faith Hunter is an awesome name. Although perhaps a bit on the literal side - people already make haha-your-name-is-a-real-word jokes around me (seriously. I've heard them all), probably with a real-word last name it would be worse. Also there is already an author named Faith Hunter, which is why I started thinking about all of this in the first place.

This also makes me think about getting married (although that would be a long time into the future)- I wouldn't mind the opportunity to have my name flow better if that were possible, but I don't want to change my name when I get married.

Dilemmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment